Sunday, January 31, 2010

2 years old, 2 new feet (of snow that is)

Shy had a happy little birthday. We spent the day together as a family. No one could have come to share in the excitement since everyone was snowed in. It snowed lots on the big day. We measured 27 inches in our front yard. Snowmobiles were driving down the streets of town. Cars were stuck on main street. I told Jason it looked like we live at a ski resort. Here are a few pictures of the snow and the birthday. Carter and I worked hard to build him his very own igloo. We were just glad to be safe at home rather than out on the roads.







6 comments:

Romney Family said...

that is a lot of snow. I cannot believe that Shy is two already!! they grow up way to fast!! Here in Kentucky we got 6 inches on Friday and they canceled school friday and today and we only had sacrament meeting on Sunday. It is so funny because we are use to so much more snow in MT and UT and they never canceled anything. Here they freak out about a little snow because no one is use to it and they don't get much of it!!

Courtney said...

Holy snow! It would be fun to play in but not to drive in or dig out of.
And Happy Birthday Shyanne!

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

Sorry, for some reason my comment posted twice thus the deleted message.

dna said...

Hmmm, not sure which I dislike more... the cloudy rainy days here or the snow there! Today Claire and I were talking about you guys and Claire says "Mom, I love Shy." So cute.

Tyson & Tera Smith said...

Yay, a new post I wasn't expecting! I love that you have a blog too:)